Sue Vandenberg, Clinical Hypnotherapist
Sue is a Clinical Hypnotherapist, registered with the National Hypnotherapists' Register of Australia.
Sue began working in the mental health field in 1983, and registered as a Psychiatric Nurse in 1986. She continued her education, earning several university qualifications, including a Master of Nursing degree in 2002. Sue was a Credentialed Mental Health Nurse from 2007 to 2019.
In 2013 Sue commenced training in hypnotherapy and was amazed by the long-term benefits this type of therapy can bring to people. Since then, she has attended training and courses interstate and internationally, and studied with world leaders and experts in Hypnosis.
Sue has used hypnotherapy to help hundreds of people overcome mental and emotional problems, and is committed to expanding her knowledge and skills, and becoming regarded as an expert in the field.
I am committed to: being caring and approachable; ongoing education to ensure most up-to-date treatments available; professional, ethical interventions appropriate for each individual; empowering my clients to lead the best lives they can.
How to see Sue Vandenberg for Hypnotherapy
Sue works closely with other health professionals to bring about the best outcome for clients.
Sue works with people who have major mental health disorders and psychiatric diagnoses (conditions apply).
- Psychiatric Nursing Certificate
- Certificate in Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- Diploma in Health Sciences (Nursing)
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Master of Nursing
- Credentialed Mental Health Nurse (2007-2019)
- Clinical Superviser (nurses) (2011-2019)
- Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Master Practitioner Diploma in Indirect Hypnosis and Ericksonian Hypnotherapy
- Certified Practitioner - The Richards Trauma Process
- Member of Australian College of Mental Health Nurses
- Peer Reviewer for the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (2009-2019)
- Clinical Member of Australian Hypnotherapists Association
- Certified Practitioner - Sheila Granger's Virtual Gastric Band Program
- Sue commenced her hypnotherapy training in 2013, and since then has undertaken further training in Australia, Thailand and the United States, studying with international experts in the field. Her substantial knowledge of mental health/illness and treatment has been a definite advantage in this interesting work.
- Sue has worked in public and private mental health units, and community mental health services. She was a lecturer in nursing (mental health) at The University of Newcastle, and a teacher for nursing at Newcastle TAFE. From 2006- 2010, Sue worked in general practices, supporting GPs with patients who required the services of a mental health specialist.
- Sue opened her practice, SV Counselling Services in 2011, and she opened her specialist hypnotherapy practice, Newcastle Hypnotherapy in 2015. She has moved on fully now from her counselling background to be a full-time Clinical Hypnotherapist.