Sue Vandenberg, Clinical Hypnotherapist
Newcastle Hypnotherapy and SV Counselling Services
Sue is a Clinical Hypnotherapist, registered with the National Hypnotherapists' Register of Australia. She has always been interested in the power of the mind and the effects of thoughts on mood and behaviour.
Sue began working in the mental health field in 1983, and registered as a Psychiatric Nurse in 1986. She continued her education, earning several university qualifications, including a Master of Nursing degree in 2002. Sue was a Credentialed Mental Health Nurse from 2007 to 2019.
Over recent years Sue took the opportunity to train in hypnotherapy and became proficient in this field. She has used hypnotherapy to help hundreds of people overcome mental and emotional problems, which in some cases have had crippling effects.
I am committed to: being caring and approachable; ongoing education to ensure most up-to-date treatments available; professional, ethical interventions appropriate for each individual; empowering my clients to lead the best lives they can.
How to see Sue Vandenberg for Hypnotherapy
Sue also accepts referrals from GPs, psychologists, psychiatrists and works closely with other health professionals to bring about the best outcome for clients.
Sue works with people who have major mental health disorders and psychiatric diagnoses (conditions apply).
- Psychiatric Nursing Certificate
- Certificate in Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- Diploma in Health Sciences (Nursing)
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Master of Nursing
- Credentialed Mental Health Nurse
- Clinical Superviser (nurses)
- Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Master Practitioner Diploma in Indirect Hypnosis and Ericksonian Hypnotherapy
- Certified Practitioner - The Richards Trauma Process
- Member of Australian College of Mental Health Nurses
- Peer Reviewer for the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses
- Clinical Member of Australian Hypnotherapists Association
- Sue has worked in public and private mental health units, and community mental health services. She has also been employed by the University of Newcastle as a lecturer in nursing (mental health), and the Newcastle TAFE as a teacher of nursing. From 2006- 2010, Sue worked in general practices, supporting GPs with patients who required the services of a mental health specialist.
- Sue is a Credentialed Mental Health Nurse. The Mental Health Nurse Credential recognises the skills, expertise and experience of nurses who are practising as specialist Mental Health Nurses. A Credentialed Mental Health Nurse is entitled to a Medicare Provider Number and to operate a private nursing/counselling practice in his/her own right.
- Sue opened her practice, SV Counselling Services in 2011, and in 2015 she opened her specialist hypnotherapy practice, Newcastle Hypnotherapy.